During the tour you will learn about the history of coffee consumption, its way to Europe and to Lviv, Lviv coffee history
Check in to hotel according to the rules of hotel from 14.00.
During the tour you will learn about the history of coffee consumption, its way to Europe and to Lviv, Lviv coffee history. We will begin Market Square - the heart of old city, will walk along narrow medieval streets to the grand ensemble of the Assumption Church - architectural masterpiece of Ukrainian renaissance, baroque Dominican church - where you can listen to organ music, Gothic Latin cathedral, Boim’s Chapel - the burial place of the rich burghers, Armenian street with a unique Armenian church and house "seasons", the Royal City and Arsenal, Bernardine monastery complex... You will hear many legends about the city and its residents, walk along central city avenue - Liberty Ave, near monument to Taras Shevchenko and Opera House - an architectural gem of the city, one of the most beautiful theaters in Europe.
Optional excursions in the afternoon:
- the History of Jewish Community (You will see the unique ensemble with it’s heart the Medieval Golden Rose Synagogue (16th c.), the beautiful streets of the Krakow Suburb area, the Monument to the tragic victims of Holokost perished in Lviv ghetto during the WWII - 3 hours tour car + guide included 45Euro per person (2 people minimum);
-Austrian Lviv The tour attempts to restore the spirit of the “Old Austria” concealed in the beautiful buildings of the theatres, museums, banks, casino, restaurants and hotels presenting the inimitable concord of the Western Art and Local Traditions - 2.5 hours guide only 30Euro per person (2 people minimum);
-Germans in Lviv-Leopolis-Lemberg (The Princes and Kings who had ruled in the Medieval period readily invited to Lviv the settlers from German lands – merchants, craftsmen, artists, knights. The Gothic Lviv (14th – 15th c.c.) was created by German architects 2 hours guide only 30Euro per person (2 people minimum);
Also we recommend:
-Visit to Brewing museum with tasting Lviv beer (entrance fee 3 Euro).
Museum of Beer Brewing on the premises of “Lviv Brewery” is nothing less than a time travel into history of beer brewing. The journey of this amber-colored drink takes us from the ancient times to the modern day. Also you can visit beer restaurant, “Hop house of Robert Doms”, right from the museum. The restaurant is decorated according to tradition of the old times.
Sightseeing tour: St. George's cathedral – center of Galician metropoly, High Castle hill – sightseeing of the city from the height of bird's flight, ancient Galician churches, located at Pidzamche, complex of Lviv universities, palace of Pototskyy family, Freedom avenue.
In the afternoon optional excursions:
- The memorial Lychakiv Cemetery with a set of unique monuments of 18th - 20th c.c., the Historical Graveyards of Polish insurgents of 1831 and 1863, Memorials and Graveyard of victims of the Polish-Ukrainian War (1918-1919) and Military Memorial of the WWII – 2 hours tour car + guide included 40 Euro per person (2 people minimum).
- Museum of Folk Architecture And Rural Life (Shevchenkivsky Hay) (2 hours) - the open-air museum is located in the picturesque part of the city Znesinnya park. It includes a number of miniature villages containing 15-20 architectural objects from the ethnical lands of Boykos, Lemkos, Hutsuls, Bukovyna and the Transcarpathian Region. In dwelling houses and in domestic buildings many examples of home use utensils, clothes, handicraft instruments, agricultural implements and transport facilities are displayed there – 2 hours tour car + guide included 40 Euro per person (2 people minimum).
- Museum Of Folk Architecture And Rural Life And Memorial Lychakiv Cemetery - 3 hours tour car + guide included 45 Euro per person (2 people minimum).
In the evening we recommend:
- visit performance in Lviv Opera House.
- visit concert of classic music in Lviv Philharmonic.
10.00 -18.00 Golden Horseshoe (Olesko Castle-Pidgirtsi Castle-Zolochiv Castle) 8 hours duration.
Olesko Castle. For five hundred years (14th - 18th c.) Ukraine had been subjected to the continuous savage raids of the mounted Tatars. Now You have a good chance to go on a tour to the land of mysterious old castle and secluded abbeys (70 km to the East from Lviv). You will be able to appraise masterpieces of the “Olesky Castle” Museum-Preserve (14th – 18th c.c.), to learn a lot of interesting about the other strongholds of the Lviv Region. (The castle was founded as a fortress in the 14th century by one of Yuriy Levovych’s sons, the Duke of Galych and Volyn. In the 15th century, it served as a residence for local nobility and was reconstructed into a splendid palace complex in the Italian renaissance style. The Polish King Yan Sobieski III and Mykhaylo Korybut Vyshvevetsky were born in that castle, and the Ukrainian Hetman, Bohdan Khmelnytsky grew up here. The Olesky Castle is now a museum, which houses valuable collections of 16th century icons, paintings, sculptures and furniture).
Pidhirtsi Castle was constructed in1635-1640 by order of Polish Hetman Stanislaw Koniecpolski, on the site of an older fortress. The castle was then part of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth and is now considered one of the most valuable palace-garden complexes in the eastern borderlands of the former Commonwealth.
Zolochiv Castle ( 66 km from Lviv ) was built as a citadel with bastions in the 1630s by Jakub Sobieski. Inside Zolochiv Castle you can see Chinese palace, a diminutive mauve-colored rotunda flanked by one-storey wings. It was built in late 17th century as Jan III's gift to his French-born wife Marysenka. After Jakub Ludwik Sobieski's death in 1737, the castle passed to the Radziwill princely family and then (in 1801) to Count Lukash Komarnitski whose heirs sold it to the Austrian crown in 1834. From this date the castle was adapted for use as a hospital and barracks. In the days of Austro-Hungarian Empire it was turned into a prison and later became a grim prison under Stalin. A memorial and an exhibition to commemorate those who perished here can now be seen in the castle as well as a chapel outside the castle walls.
Transfer from hotel to the airport or train station. Departure.
|HOTELS||GROUP 2 PAX||GROUP 4 PAX||GROUP 10 PAX||GROUP 14 PAX|
|GEORGE HOTEL 3*||330 euro||216 euro||150 euro||135 euro|
|ATLAS DELUXE 4||415 euro||298 euro||232 euro||217 euro|
|NOBILIS 5*||475 euro||359 euro||292 euro||277 euro|